Two more weeks completed, and I know it might sound crazy, but I feel really pregnant now. My belly is feeling ginormous, sometimes I need/want help tying my shoes, it's getting tougher to sleep, and my due date is next month. It's all feeling very real this week.
Previous posts:
Click here to read my previous update on Weeks 31 and 32....
Doctor's appointments:
I went in on Thursday for my 34-week appointment. My blood pressure is still looking great, and my belly is measuring right on track. I gained an insane amount of weight since my last appointment, but she said all of her pregnant mommas saw quite a jump with the holidays, and she said I am finally starting to retain fluid, so that is part of it too. Eek. (I have worn leggings, a tshirt, and TOMS to almost every appointment....don't we secretly all do that when we know we have to step on the scale? And this time I wore my tall leather boots and I was dressed in jeans and multiple layers because it's freezing and I had to work that day. I'm blaming some of that on the clothes! All that to say, I will have some work to do post-baby).
Oh yeah, and we also scheduled our C-section!!! No big deal!??!! February 5th, 2014 at 7:30am is the date unless this baby makes an earlier debut! We cannot wait! One month and counting!!! Ahhh!!!
Oh yeah, and we also scheduled our C-section!!! No big deal!??!! February 5th, 2014 at 7:30am is the date unless this baby makes an earlier debut! We cannot wait! One month and counting!!! Ahhh!!!
Maternity clothes or regular clothes?
All maternity all the time....although I hit the jackpot at Old Navy's after-Christmas sales and found a bunch of loungewear (pj pants and long sleeve tees) for the 3 days that we will be at the hospital. I just went up a size, and they fit me now, so it's been nice to have some new clothes to wear as I have seriously been re-circulating the same things over and over! I've always been that way though. When I like something, I wear it over and over on like a 6-day rotation. Ha!
Cravings/Aversions?
Oranges...I think I ate 4 today. Apparently I ate pretty well the past few weeks so there aren't too many aversions... :-)
Highlight of the past two weeks?
- picking our baby's birthday. Doesn't get too much better than that...
- Celebrating the Savior's birthday! Christmas was fantastic! We enjoyed time with both sides of the family. Our niece and nephew are at THE BEST ages where Christmas is super magical and fun. Their faces were priceless as they opened their gifts, and they were always so quick to be thankful. Love them!
Christmas Eve service:
Spoiled puppies got new doggy beds:
The Kleppes (we missed you, Tyler) were able to come down on the 26th and stay through the weekend. They spoiled us, the dogs (they ❤ their new dog beds), and this baby (so loved already!!!). We had a great time playing cards together, laughing, and making memories. Soo much fun that I didn't take enough pictures!
Sleep?
MK says I am getting back at him for all his years of snoring. Apparently I am sawing logs some nights. Eeek. Sorry babe!!!!! I know how annoying that is, but I am grateful to be sleeping soundly when I'm snoring, so it's kind of a catch 22. Did I mention I have the most patient husband ever?
Most nights I am tossing and turning every night, but I know this is only temporary. It's kind of a part of the package deal that is pregnancy, and I'm so grateful and thankful.
Exercise?
We went for a walk with my parents on Christmas day. Does that count?! All this snow, ice, and bitter cold is getting in the way. (As I type this, we are getting more snow....)
Movement?
I can tell this baby is trying hard to find whatever space there was/is left in there. Movements are more sharp and pronounced, and they usually feel like this baby is forcing its way into a more comfortable position (me too, kid)! We are in this together!!! We're both cramped, but I wouldn't change it for anything!!!!
What are we looking forward to in the coming weeks?
- My next check-up appointment on January 13th...we'll see if I'm progressing at all. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions since about week 20, so I can't tell. Regardless, we'll have a baby in a month from today or less!
-Celebrating Baby K at my next shower in 2 weeks! So excited to see so many people I love all together.
-Celebrating Baby K at my next shower in 2 weeks! So excited to see so many people I love all together.
-February 5th!!! ❤❤❤
On our to-do list:
-Install our car seat--done!
-Pack a hospital over night bag in case we go into labor early...gathering up all the stuff...will work on this this week. Do first babies ever come early???
What are the must-haves for the hospital? Especially if you have had a c-section? I welcome your advice!!!
Pictures:
-33 weeks:








No comments:
Post a Comment