Monday, January 28, 2013

Blood Test

I've had lots of people ask me about the blood test that I wrote about in this post.

So basically this blood test that I had done was to determine whether or not my body has immunities/antibodies built up against Remicade (Infliximab).  The test is not done in a doctor's office or hospital lab; the phlebotomist came to my house!!!  I thought it was crazy at first, but apparently, it's really not.  It happens all the time.  She was a very nice nurse, named Barbara and she does this for a living.  She was a very good stick!  :)

She drew 1 vial of blood and will send it in to the Prometheus company that does the test itself, and they will determine the results.  She thought I should hear back within a week or so from today, so we'll see. 

I am learning through my quiet times with the Lord not to even pray for a specific outcome.  Who am I to ask for one thing or another?  The Lord knows exactly what I need--he knows whether or not Remicade is right for me, He knows whether I will need another treatment plan, and He will make it abundantly clear what we should do.  He doesn't need MY help, so I'm just praying "thy will be done."  If it's Remicade, then we'll go with that.  If it's another drug (Humira or something else like that), then we'll go that route.  If that doesn't work, then we'll head to a specialist, etc etc.   

I'm learning to trust.
Trust leads to confidence in the Lord.
And confidence in the Lord results in joy in the Lord. 
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Image found at:  http://www.swtblessings.com/2012/01/gods-plans.html

1 comment:

banana said...

Letting go of control is so difficult, and it takes a lot of wisdom and faith to do it. It becomes less difficult and more peaceful after awhile, because who better to hand your life over to than the your Creator? Still praying over you and sending love you your way!

http://www.annameredithloves.com/