Finally, a post with NO MEDICAL stuff to document. Yay!!! Just a quick update on us living life.
We cheered the Packers on to beat the Vikings last night. Matt's brothers were actually at the game, so that made it even more exciting and fun to watch. Wish we could have all gone....(the important thing is that the Pack won, right?!?!) :)
We had date night on Friday, and Matt took me to see Jack Reacher, the new Tom Cruise movie. We are typically not Tom Cruise fans, but we were actually quite entertained and enjoyed the movie a lot. It was action-packed which is the kind of movie that we can typically both agree on. I'd recommend it. Plus, the company was superb!
Last weekend I got to see my cousin who has several dogs that he runs with, and he told me about a "gentle leader" which is a kind of collar for your dog. I'd never heard of it before. It looks like a muzzle, but it's not...it just goes around your puppy's face and then the leash attaches under their chin, so if they try to pull YOU, you actually end up pulling THEIR face down (and they really really don't like it). The lady at Petstmart warned us that Bailey would hate it, but she hasn't had a single problem with it. We went on our inaugural run with it yesterday, and it was pure bliss. My shoulder never ONCE got pulled out of the socket. Yay!!!
With some Christmas gift cards we got some new bedding. This picture was taken with my phone, so it's hard to tell, but it's a really light blue quilt with brown sheets and pillows. We have more work to do, but we really like it so far!! (Yes, the red lamps will go......)
With 2013 starting, I've decided to make some good changes in my eating habits, and so far it's going really well. I've pretty much eliminated gluten completely (and with that goes a lot of carbs that I normally would snack on--bread, crackers, chips, cereal, etc). So there ya go, all you people that have been telling me to give it up!!!! I'm trying it!! I have also not had a Mountain Dew/any other type of soda since December 19th...the longest I've gone without soda since last summer when I gave it up for several months. I've replaced all this with lots of other better options: more fruits and vegetables, greek yogurt, and lots and lots of water. Here is a picture of my first "green smoothie." Again, the iPhone doesn't do it justice...in actuality it looked purple from the blueberries, but it looks brownish green in this picture. It tasted better than it looks in this picture, I promise. Ha! If you're curious what I put in it, here you go:
greek yogurt
frozen strawberries
frozen blueberries
dates
kale
carrots
protein powder
frozen bananas
a little water
DELICIOUS!!!
Since Arkansas wasn't in a bowl game (lame), we enjoyed watching the Michigan game and the Iowa State game, even though they were both lousy outcomes. MK and I just enjoy watching football together. I'm so glad we both like it... not sure why we don't have a picture in our Michigan gear?!?
On December 26th, we celebrated 7 years since I said "yes" to MK. He proposed on a snowy-day-after-Christmas night, and saying yes was the best decision I have ever made!!!
I don't think there are many young men that are forced to live up to some of the tough vows that we made to each other on our wedding day so EARLY on in marriage (i.e. in sickness and in health--he has definitely held up his end of the bargain without ever complaining or protesting). MK has stood by me and supported me through so much, and I am so thankful for him. I could go on and on....
Over Christmas break, we found ourselves playing lots of cards....pretty much anything competitive, we enjoy. I am proud to say that we get into fights over said games much less often than we used to when we were first married. Now it's just fun (99% of the time)!!! Yay for growing up! Haha!
We haven't had much snow down here in Arkansas, but one day it did snow a little and covered my parent's deck just enough that it was BEAUTIFUL. I do not miss the cold of Iowa, but I do miss the snow. It's just so pretty!!!
This was our attempt on Christmas Day to take a picture with Bailey. She was pretty stoked about the HUGE bone we gave her. Ha.
Christmas Eve service at Fellowship! They do such a beautiful job of decorating! I'm always amazed!!
I have gotten pretty addicted to Words with Friends again this winter...again, anything competitive...let me know if you want to play! haha!
We spent New Years Eve with our community group ringing in the new year, and we can't wait to see what 2013 holds! I love the start of a new year and the fresh start that it brings! May we continue to fix our eyes on Him....
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment