Monday, January 21, 2013

Update: Blood Tests, Birthdays, Doggies, Running, and more

-This week I worked 4 days, and I was so proud of myself. Wednesday I even worked 9-5, which was a huge accomplishment, but by Thursday, I was just exhausted and only made it to 2:00. I relayed this info to my counselor on Friday, thinking she would praise me for "giving it my all" and "pushing myself to the max"....ha! Oh quite the contrary. She seems to think I'm TOO driven, and that I need to stop working BEFORE I have 0% left in the tank. Novel thought. So that's what we're going to work on and talk about over the next few weeks. I feel like she's essentially asking me not to be ME. This is quite difficult, but a much-needed change in my thinking and where I find my purpose. More on that in later posts.

-Matt's brothers both had birthdays within the last week--plus his Grandma Kleppe turned 90!!! I wish we could be there to celebrate with y'all!!! We love you sooo much!!

-I went to the chiropractor on Friday. Oh my goodness. I'm officially addicted. I can pop my back and neck on my own and have for years, but this was like nothing I've ever experienced. Holy moly, I'm addicted. I just feel so much better.

-Saturday morning MK and I ran 6.2 miles. That's right--a 10K! (Not a race...just the distance). The first time I've EVER run that far!!! What a sense of accomplishment and a good way to put my pent-up prednisone energy to good use!! Bailey did great on the leash, but I think she was tired at the end. She slept almost all day afterwards.  I guess we're all 3 getting back into shape. Ha!


-We celebrated Wendi's birthday Saturday night. What a blessing she is to me. We had a great meal and time together. 
Wendi, you're so gorgeous inside and out!!!!

 These two cuties played sooo well together while the adults chatted away. It is so fun to see them becoming friends, playing together, and reading books together.  I hope they enjoy playing together as much as Wendi and I always did!!!




-I have my lab test (the one where they test me to see if I have an antibody towards Remicade) scheduled for Friday the 25th. I can't wait to get the results back so we can make a plan and move forward! :)  Please pray that our insurance will help cover at least a portion of the cost. 

-Oh yeah, it's basketball season. Pray for me. I just can't stand watching it. Ugh. Give me football, golf, wrestling, baseball, volleyball, but basketball....ugh! :) I do like the tournament though, so when March Madness rolls around, I'll jump on the bandwagon!!!

-I want another dog...maybe one like this:


but I don't think that'll ever happen. I can't convince the hubby.  Sad day.

Last night we kept our friends' dog overnight, so it's Bailey's first time to have another dog invade "her" space for an extended period of time. They are playing well together, and it's so fun to see them wear each other out.  


 
Thanks Aubrey and Ramsey for trusting us with Boone!! We love him!! :) 

And by the end of last night....we felt victorious:


Boone and Bailey--BFF's!!!!

No comments: