Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Break #3

Just wanted to say that I have the cutest nephew ever.  I got to watch him this morning while his mama went to a doctors appointment.  

Can I just say that he makes me laugh?  The sentences that he comes up with are just adorable, and I think it's his tone of voice that makes him just THAT much cuter. 

We were playing a game where I pretended to fall asleep and Cole would yell "KWWWWWWISTIN" to wake me up (then I would pop up and scare him--which he has always loved by the way).  Anyhow, I decided to stay asleep a little longer, so after about the third time of him calling my name, I think he thought I really HAD fallen asleep.  I popped up and really startled him (which he did in fact love).  He got this silly grin on his face and he says "Silly Kwistin!!"  So sweet.  

Then later he was playing in his closet, which is a new place as of today.  He would go in, and shut one of the sliding doors.  Then he would look up at me and say, "It's kinda dark in here" and then throw open the door as if to say, "What am I doing?  I don't like the dark!"  And then, in true childlike fashion, he'd do it again.  

Also, the kid has an incredible memory.  He can remember pages and pages of books, and he's only two!  It's shocking to me.  I don't think I'll have to worry about him being one of those kids that just can't memorize his times tables (praise the Lord--that's definitely one of my new-found pet peeves--all you other math teachers out there, give me an "AMEN!").  Anyhow, I decided to teach him a song that I sang A LOT as a toddler:  "God is so Good."  Boy did he pick it up quick!  Two times through and he had it--tune and all.  He proudly sang it for his mama when she came home.  There's nothing like a toddler singing about Jesus to melt your heart.  

I love him, can you tell?  I'm so blessed! 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great blog, Kristin!! It's always fun to read Cole stories! Pretty soon we'll have Hallie stories as well!