Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break #1

This is the first year that I am on the other side of Spring Break--the "teacher" side that is.  Up until this point, I have only enjoyed the break as a student.  This year, when the last bell rang at 3:45 on Friday, I could not shoe the students out of my room and the hallways fast enough.  Don't they want to go home?  Sometimes I wonder.  They walk out awfully slow.  

I, on the other hand, practically flew through the doors.  It feels good to have made it this far through my first year of teaching.  It has really gone much much better than I thought it would--not that I expected it to be terrible, but I guess I did anticipate more hiccups.  

So here I am...6 more days of break ahead of me.  Already, we went to Little Rock with my parents to visit some good friends (that post coming soon) which was awesome.  Here are some things that I would like to do over the rest of the break:
  • sleep in
  • spend some good time in the Word
  • go for some walks/runs with MK
  • spend time outside...maybe even play a round of golf with MK
  • play with the Colester and Wendi during the days
  • Spend some time with Emily and Austin (old friends from Iowa who will be visiting) at the end of the week :)  yay!
I'm gladly trading the crazy, bell-ringing, jam-packed days for some days of rest and relaxation.  Thank you, Lord, for Spring Break! 

No comments: