Monday, March 22, 2010

Advice #2

Ok ladies, I should have been more specific.  Much more specific. 

When you put your bracket together, I forgot to mention that the only way you'll have any fun is if you actually pick some winning teams.  Don't stick with just the higher ranked teams.  That won't always work, and it won't always pay off. 

For instance, there once was a girl who picked Marquette, Pittsburgh, and Villanova to do well.  She also picked Kansas to win the whole thing.  What the girl underestimated was her very own university...the University of Northern Iowa! 

OK, forget the hypothetical situations.  That girl was me, and boy was I depressed when all my teams starting getting knocked out.  But ya know what?  I had so much fun cheering on UNI, and even though my bracket is royally messed up--I am so excited for them! 

Moral of the story?   There really isn't one.  No one knows what will happen, so just go with the flow.  Your bracket may be a complete wreck, and life will go on.  I guess it's more about the journey through the tournament than the end result.  Now I'm getting philosophical?  I guess.  Anyhow, I think if my bracket were awesome right now, I would be singing an entirely different song.  This is the "loser" coming out in me.  Ha! 

Happy March Madness everyone!

No comments: