Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend in Review

This weekend was awesome...it was the first weekend in nearly 3 weeks that I have been feeling well, so it was amazing all the things that we were able to do for fun and the things we accomplished. It feels good.

Friday night we had dinner with my parents and some of our best friends, the Stegers, from Little Rock were able to join us at On the Border...LOOOOOOOOVE it. We celebrated my mom's birthday. We love you, Mom, and it was fun to celebrate YOU!!!!!!! We laughed, talked, and got caught up--way over do because we have not had a chance to spend time with the Stegers in years! They surprised Matt and I with tickets to the Arkansas v. Georgia game on Saturday...

Saturday was super fun....like I said, I haven't been able to really go and do anything these last few weekends because I haven't been feeling well. I have also started realizing that I need to expand my teacher clothes. It's amazing how many t-shirts I have, but how few "nice" shirts I own. In an effort to work on it, I hit the sale racks and found some things :) I love sales!

Then Saturday night we went to the game with the Stegers and had a blast. We are so blessed by their friendship. Even though the Razorbacks lost (they put up a valiant effort for sure!!!), the company was awesome and we had a good time.

Today, Matt and I rested up after staying up super last last night because it was a night game. We're excited that Draw Near is kicking off at our church. You can check it out here. Draw Near is a church-wide experiment basically to see what will happen if we all make a concerted effort over the next 50 days to draw near to God. I'm convinced that God is going to do some big things!!!! He's already done a lot in our lives in the past week, so I'll be excited to update ya'll on what God is doing in OUR lives, and we want to know what He's doing in YOURS!!

Anyhow, we've had a couple of weeks off of community group, and we're excited to re-connect with our friends and all draw near to God together tonight. I'll leave you with our verse that we're memorizing this week.... I'm really going to work to hide God's word in my heart, and I'm starting off with this verse (typed from memory--woohoo!!!):


Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts you double-minded.
James 4:8

No comments: