Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Enough already

I have just about had it with all the people worrying about swine flu!!! Perhaps it's because I lived to tell about it, but seriously? It's almost exactly like the regular flu, doctors say. In fact, statistics show that more people die annually of the regular flu--not swine flu. I know there are certain people that have a right to be worried, and they (the very old, the pregnant, and the very young) are even justified in taking precautions. I am on board with that.

What I don't get is why the media is hyping it up so much. Do you not have anything better to show on the news night after night? Do people in general not have anything else to talk about? Can't wait get back to the weather? Or the Razorback stats? Anything to just change the subject. Enough already.

PS-Thanks for letting me rant! :)

PPS- Matt almost bought me the shirt at Wal-Mart that says "I don't have swine flu--I have Razorback fever." I didn't think it was funny!

No comments: