Anyhow, here is my list of reasons why I love my job lately:
- The other teachers on my "team" are so helpful. They don't mind me asking a million questions. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Bless them!
- On top of that, my mentor teacher is amazing...the perfect balance of telling me what I need to do, but also empowering me and making me feel like I am just like any other teacher in the building with more experience than me. This is huge.
- We are told what to teach and when to teach it, but we have the freedom to teach it in the way that we want. Again, if you've ever been in education, you know that it's a little bit like cooking dinner. The hardest part is figuring out what to cook (or in this case--teach!). But not in my case; the mystery is removed, and so that makes my life a LOT easier.
- For the most part, the kiddos are great! Example: Yesterday we had a free time incentive in the afternoon for kiddos that had all their homework turned in for this past unit. Guess how many could not participate? 2! Out of 75, only 2 were missing homework assignments. These are 7th graders, people. The fact that they have all their homework turned in is AMAZING, let me tell ya!
- I have first hour prep. Enough said.
- I love 7th graders, and I love Math. I got my dream job on the first try.
Now...gotta go! There is football to be watched! Go Big Blue!
No comments:
Post a Comment