Sunday, September 13, 2009

Shout Out's

Being sick is no fun. When you're sick, everything feels like it takes more energy because your body is so depleted of energy. Coughing makes you tired, fevers strip you of energy, and the smallest task like walking across the room to get a Kleenex makes you tired. It's really tough being sick alone. For the most part, I have been truly "quarantined" throughout the day because nobody needs to get the Swine Flu from me, and most people work during the day anyway. However, I have had a few brave people that have helped me out while I was sick.

Just wanted to say a couple shout-outs to people that have been super helpful in my time of need:

1) MK, Thanks babe for taking care of me and pulling extra weight while I've been sick. You've been my caretaker, chauffeur to get my "drugs," expert grocery shopper, food maker (I wouldn't call you a "chef" yet, but you do make food. hehe) and overall errand-runner. Thanks for doing all that and putting up with a sick wife. You're a good man. I hope you know how much I love you. THANK YOU!

2) Mom (and Dad), Thanks for calling to check on me because the days sure got long sitting at home by myself. Thanks for bringing me homemade chicken noodle soup, Mom, and for your homemade chicken casserole. Your food is just good for the soul, and when you are sick, cooking is the last thing you want to do. Thanks for your nurturing spirit. A girl still likes her momma when she's sick. Thanks for getting me out of the house yesterday, even for a few minutes. You're the best, and it's so nice having you so close now. :) THANK YOU FOR ALL YORU HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Back to school tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have the energy...I'm feeling good, I just still don't have all my energy back, so we'll see.

No comments: