Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Much to do, so little time!

#1) Update: the interview fair went pretty well on Saturday, I think. Let's just say it was a whirlwind. There were 25 tables set up around a large room, with 1 interviewer and 1 interviewee at each. This made it quite loud when the questions were being asked (and answered) so a few times I really had a to lean forward and listen closely to the questions being asked. Anyhow, there were 25 questions to answer in 20 minutes! Talk about quick, quick, quick. You either knew your stuff or didn't. Not enough time to sit and ponder each question!

#2) Matt's mom came to visit this past weekend while Matt, Ryan, Tyler, and Ben were at the Final Four/Championship. We had a marvelous time just hanging out as the three of us--playing Settlers, eating GREAT food, watching basketball at Buffalo Wild Wings, going to church, hanging at Barnes and Noble, more Settlers, back rubs (Becky, I think you have another career ahead of you if you ever want one, girl!!!), and just chatting and hanging out. She even took our car to Wal-Mart to get a head light fixed for us during the day....she's so fun and easy to be with. I'm blessed to have you in my family, Becky, and "mother-in-law" just doesn't do you justice. Thanks for coming all the way down.....I love you so much!

#3) School is going well....my fourth graders are getting ready for the big Arkansas Benchmark test next week. I hope they do well. All of us are getting sick of the prep work, but I know it will pay off in the long run. I am just trying to not catch all of their nasty bugs! They sure do bring in a lot of sicknesses to school each day.

#4) Matt is getting into the groove at the bank that he's been at for a while now. He has been at this branch for a couple of months now, and he is doing so well. He's a natural and such a quick learner. I think he's got the most points at his branch this month (so he's opened lots of accounts, added on to other's existing accounts, etc.) He works so hard, and I'm sure his people-skills just shine each day at work. I'm so proud of him!!!!!!!!!!

#5) My sweet little nephew Cole is so much fun to hang out with. He is getting so smart!!! He is 18 months and call spell his name. It's adorable because he says: C-O-L-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (and really hangs on the E for a while they way we do when we get excited about something). Plus he can COUNT TO 10! Now that's my boy, learning his numbers! He does love his books though, which makes his mom super happy. Anyways, we continue to love spending time with him and his family whenever we can. By the way, his mom makes AWESOME jewelery in her "free time." You can find it, by clicking here.

#6) Life is full, crazy, and busy these days. I am looking forward to this summer. We are in the midst of planning the first-ever Nervig/Kleppe vacation. Woo hoo! WE NEED VACATION!!! One of the perks of Matt's job at the bank is that he is forced to take 9-10 days off at some point throughout the year, which we aren't complaining about at all. It'll be relaxing and refreshing to spend extended, quality time with our family!!

Well, off to grade papers and watch the Biggest Loser and American Idol. Still cheering for Kris Allen to go all the way. We'll see how he does tonight :) I'll post my thoughts again for the show later this week after the results come in!

PS-Mom and Dad Nervig, we can't wait to see you guys for Easter. We're counting down the days! xoxo

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for the great update on your blog! So glad you had fun with Becky, as I knew you would and glad she got to be with you guys, rather than home by herself! We're excited to head your way--your Dad is almost giddy with excitement! I would be too if it was that long since I'd seen y'all!

Yea, no work the rest of this week! That feels great! Hope I can get some things done tomorrow before we take off!

Love to you and Matt! Can't wait to see you!