Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bye bye Coke

Well, a few weeks ago I just decided to give up Coke. It all started when I was throwing up one Monday (I know, pretty gross, but I work at a school, ok? There are tons of germs). Anyhow, I only drank Sprite for like 5 days, and then I realized, "I haven't had caffeine in 5 days!?!?!" It was a total shocker to me...if you know me at all, you know how much I L-O-V-E Coke, Mountain Dew, and Dr.Pepper.

Anyway, that was 2 weeks ago and I'm still going strong. I'm not doing the thing where I completely cut it out, but I've only had 2 sodas in 14 days, so that is a huge accomplishment for me. I'm hoping that by documenting this here, it (and all of you) can keep me accountable.
I'm in a wedding this summer, and I don't have much time to work out.

Matt told me about a friend of his that lost like 20 pounds in a month by giving up soda. (He drank a lot more M. Dew than me every day and granted he weighed a little bit more as a man). The point is that maybe I could lose some weight too without even working out........hmmmmmm.......

Photo found at:

http://www.wittysparks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/coke.jpg

No comments: