Monday, March 23, 2009

Sweet St. Louis


Profile picture? I think so!

We just got home from a great weekend with the Kleppe crew in St. Louis. It was a time of fun, relaxation, great food, good conversation, and many memories. Matt and I drove up Friday night so that we could just relax and sleep in on Saturday morning....it was nice to just have the car ride to spend together. It's amazing how my subbing job seems to have taken up a lot of my "spare" time, so our time together is precious. Matt is really fun to ride in the car with--I married a man that can definitely carry on a great conversation, and I love that about him!

We met up with the fam at a great sports bar so that we could catch some of the basketball games....it was nice to just catch up over lunch and hang out together.
Then we took off for the arch, which I had never been to. And by the way, we could not have ordered a more beautiful day--sunny skies, not too hot, and not too warm. Absolutely perfect. We took in an IMAX-style movie on the Lewis and Clark Expedition that was really good. It is definitely worth seeing! Then Becky, Ryan, Tyler, Matt, and I made our way to the top. That little compartment that you ride in felt even smaller once the 5 of us were inside. Uffda. I think I have a bigger problem with claustrophobia than I ever thought (thanks for passing that one on to me, mom!). :)

Matt and Tyler in the tinycompartment


The view from the top was unreal! It was so beautiful, and we were able to get some great shots:


Capitol Building



Riverboat down below


Busch Stadium


I like this one. Good job, Matt!


Group Shot :)

THANKS, KLEPPES! WE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: