Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Madness...of my own kind

If you know me at all, you know that I don't really like basketball. I mean, it's all right, but I just get tired of watching it. Maybe it's because I married into a wrestling family rather than a basketball family, or maybe it's because all they do is run up and down the court over and over. I'm not really sure.

Now that I've married into a family that enjoys the sport, I am coming around to it (I will say it's fun to watch just about any sport with the Kleppes because they're so competitive--one of their greatest qualities that I LOVE!!!!!). Football is still my favorite to watch. I'm side-tracked though. Imagine that. Anyways........
With all that said, I am excited that on Fridays at my school, we're doing our own kind of March Madness--we're doing test prep for the big Arkansas benchmark test. You might be thinking...."test prep? That sounds boring, Kristin." In reality though, I think I'm going to enjoy it. Here's why:

1. We're using the theme "March Madness," and so we get to dress "sportsy" which means sweats on Fridays. You betcha!

2. Each of us 4 teachers has selected a subject area--I chose Math--and we will teach a fun lesson with a hands-on activity to each of the 4 classes, so I get to teach Math all day long on Fridays! YESSSSSS!

3. We're going to make and wear handmade visors to look more "sportsy" to go with our theme. It sounds cheesy, but my fourth graders will probably love it. I'll try to post pictures. It should be interesting to say the least.

Anyway, it's my own form of March Madness that I can get into. All I have to say is thank goodness for DVR, so that Matt can tape the games and watch them later....I can watch just about anything when it can be fast-forwarded. :)

Happy March Madness!
http://redsbar.net/images/logos/sports_packs/MegaMarchMadness_logo.gif

No comments: