Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Pick-Me-Ups"

I'm not sure if I caught a bug that is going around at school (what bug ISN'T going around my school???) or lack of sleep, but today I just woke up not feeling "right" today.

I resorted to my regular "pick-me-ups"...those routines or foods that do the trick for me when I'm not feeling well. Here's my list:

1. Extra sleep...let's just say that I slept 14 hours last night (gotta catch up somehow)
2. Gatorade. (First drink of it I've had since 2005 when I was so sick in NYC, and I drank about 4/day. I'm trying not to think about that).
3. Tapioca Pudding (Not sure why, but it just does the trick. Perks me up, tastes great, and reminds me of my childhood).
4. Saltines. Enough said. Can't go wrong there.
5. Wheel of Fortune (I had about 4 saved on our DVR, and I just love that show when I'm not feeling well...my body might not be feeling well, but my brain is still quick as ever--see my previous post on my competitiveness) :) haha

What do you resort to when you're sick? If you don't already know, figure out what your "pick-me-ups" are and have them on hand. You just never know when you'll need 'em!

1 comment:

Alison Burrell said...

hands down: Emergen-C is the best stuff ever! Daniel and i keep a box of em on hand at all times.