Here are some talking points that will a) probably get me fired up quickly or b) I will disagree with you completely on c) make us both shake our heads in sorrow:
See my first post in this series here.
Topic #2: "Every other country is beating us in test scores."
My response: Get your facts straight!!!!?? Which countries? Countries that educate [nearly] every child like we do? Or a country that only sends their best or the ones that can afford it?
I say [nearly] because even the US has students we can't teach because parents don't make them attend school. I had a student that missed 43 days of school one year when I taught!! 43?!?!?? The school can only do so much, people. The parents do have to force their kids to go. And yes, the courts did and will get involved because we educate EVERYONE here. Is it still my fault as the teacher when my student is not proficient, but he/she missed 1/5 of the school year?
Are there other countries that educate nearly everyone --similar to us --and have better test scores than us? Yep, but at least that is a comparison of apples to apples.
Again. Kinda passionate about this one.
Get your facts straight. Seriously.
Monday, May 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment