Looking back over the past few years, I can see God using my health issues for his greater glory (Eph 1:11 and Romans 8:28) in the following ways:
-to teach me to trust Him--not doctors, not family or friends, not medicine, but Him alone
-to teach me patience (we've waited y, for a lot of tests, drugs to work, labs to come back, for the doctors to say "yes, you can start a family now"
-to teach me compassion--there are so many people going through far more difficult circumstances that continue to lean into God each step of the way. Before, I was much more unaware. Today, they are on my prayer list
-teaching me to yield my plan to You, God
-how to give thanks in all circumstances
-to take care of my body by eating well, exercising, getting rest (it's not selfish--it's better to be preventive than reactive when it comes to treatment)
-allowing MK to lead us spiritually, emotionally, financially, physically--He has lead us so well!!! And even has taken over things at times that I didn't want him to have to do (laundry, dishes, making dinner, etc). I'm blessed!!!
-giving over control and my anxieties to Him and instead of worrying, praying expectantly! What a difference.
I'm learning a lot and it has not always been a walk in the park, but The Lord knows how to speak to me (verrrry directly) to get my attention. All He asks for is obedience, and I'm working on that too.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment