Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just checking in...

to show you that I am making progress!!!!  If you remember my post about my goals for 2011, you'll remember that I am working on memorizing more Scripture...you know, hiding his Word in my heart.  If you can't remember, you can click here to catch up.

So, here are the verses I've been working on.  I am typing these from memory, and yes, some of them might be repeats from that lost blog, but part of memorization is retention (so give me a break).  No cheating.  I promise!

1 John 1:9 -- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Romans 5:8 -- "But God demonstrates his love for us in this:  while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." 

Romans 3:23 -- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are just justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

Romans 6:23 --"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."  

Matthew 4:4--"Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Hebrews 4:12--"For the word of God is living and active; sharper than any double-edged sword, it divides soul and spirit, joint and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

Romans 12:1-- "Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship." 

John 10:10--"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and have it to the full." 

And here's the best part...I am using my morning "commute" time to memorize all this.  I put some cards on a ring, and they hang in my car, waiting for me each morning.  It's perfect.


Who wants to keep me accountable???

1 comment:

Mom said...

So proud of you!! Sounds like you're off to a great start!!