Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bring it on, 2011!

I've never really been one to make New Years resolutions because it seems like no one ever sticks with them.  Plus, I hate failure. Ugh.  There is nothing worse.

So, instead I tend to make "goals," but even that isn't really the right word.  I guess these are just things that I want to be more intentional about in this next year.  It's not like I neglect these things now, but I want to pour myself into them more.  More. More. More.

1)  Scripture Memory--as a kid my parents helped us memorize Scripture, and I still remember many of those verses:

Matthew 4:4  "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."  

Psalm 119:105  "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  "

The older I get, the harder it is to memorize anything, so I don't have any time to waste getting old...

2)  Bible in a Year--Our church has a plan for reading through the Bible in a year...one chapter at a time, which is so very doable.  Last year I started off great, but then fell of the wheel on this. I'm going to try to do better.  Click here to go to the website to print off the reading plan. It's really easy, and I think they only make you read like one chapter in Leviticus!  :)

3)  Personal reading/journaling each day--This is something that is just so good for me.  I love being able to look back on prayer requests, praises, and just day-to-day things in my journal and see God working in my life and around me in the lives of others.  Life transformation takes place in those moments for me...so good!

4)  Attack our debt with vigor.  Plain and simple.  The snowball effect is so fun...paying off something allows you to put that money towards something else and pay the next thing off that much quicker.  Fortunately, we only have debt that I consider "responsible"--no credit cards or anything frivolous.  But that pesky school debt sure adds up....we're working on it!

5)  Invest in friendships with depth and accountability.  If you want to be my friend, then let's get real in 2011.  :)  I want to really know you, and I want you to know ME.  But seriously, I just like to be intentional even in friendships.  Life moves too fast to be lackadaisical (is that the right word?) about it...let's be honest. 

6)  Be a better wife to MK.  Love. Him. More. Each. Day.  :)


Hmmm...I'm sure there are more, but these are the big ones.  Ok, as readers, you get to hold me to these!  Bring it on, 2011!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I think those are worthy goals and certainly enough for one year to work on! Proud of you!!