Well, I was supposed to go back to school on Monday after having 2 weeks off for the holidays. Instead, we were welcomed by ice and 2 inches of snow Saturday night and into Sunday. Soooooooooo, we had a snow day on Monday! They called it off by 2:00 Sunday afternoon! All you people in Iowa/Wisconsin would have been absolutely shocked; however, I'm getting used to it down here. Here's the difference: hills, hills, and more hills!
Hills truly make driving around here treacherous. I know it sounds bogus, but it's totally true. When you are driving around on normal road conditions, you don't even notice the slight elevations, much less the huge hills! OK, sooooooooo back to my story. Monday = snow day. Then, Tuesday = snow day round 2! Just when I thought we were going to go back to school, Wednesday = snow day round 3!!! So, I've had 3 extra days of break.
We are supposed to get more snow and temperatures BELOW zero tonight. Arkansans are going crazy. They say that if the temperature goes below zero it will be the coldest temperatures around here since 1989! Pretty good little record, right there!
Anyhow, I'm not one to usually talk about the weather, but this has just been crazy ridiculous, especially for ARKANSAS, people!!!
Oh well, I'll enjoy it now, and hate it in June when we're still in school! Bring on the snow!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment