Here are the highlights of the past ten years:
2000
- I started my freshman year in 2000, and it was one of my favorite years of school because it was still at the junior high. I don't really remember a ton of specific details, but I remember volleyball and softball consuming my life. :)
- I was a tenth grader when my parents told me that we were planning to move back to Iowa. I was shocked and excited all at the same time. It's really kind of a blur now, but before I knew it, we had sold our house and moved into a....get this...one-bedroom apartment. Let me explain why 2 adults, a teenager, and a dog would live in a one-bedroom apartment for 6 months. We were forced to choose housing that still allowed me to go to my high school (because in Little Rock every house/apartment is in a zone for a specific school), so there weren't too many options to choose from. Honestly, we made it, but I think back on that and I just laugh. Good memories!
- I said goodbye to my friends and moved to Hampton, Iowa on the last day of my tenth grade school year. I was welcomed by some amazing friends within days of moving there....Brooke, Brooke, Crystal, and Emily come to my mind as being my first "Iowa friends." Love you guys!
- I graduated from high school and chose UNI as my college of choice, with the greatest roommate ever--Lori Jo!
- That summer I worked for Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp. It was one of the most amazing summers of my life. I met some great families, made some lifelong friends, and even met this cute boy named Matt. We pretty much hit it off.
- I moved to New York City in the fall to go to the King's College. I said goodbye to my family, friends, and MK.
- I lasted for a couple months, but came home feeling more sick than I've ever felt in my life. I spent a week in the hospital, and then took the rest of that semester off, living at home. It was a very special time because Matt was able to visit often, and we got some great time together with both of our families.
- On December 26, 2005 MK made me the happiest girl ever by asking me to be his wife. One of the best days of my life.
- I went back to UNI for the Spring semester.
- MK graduated from college, and I was able to celebrate with him and his family.
- My mom found out that she had breast cancer, had surgery, underwent radiation, and has now been cancer-free ever since!! Praise the Lord!!
- I interviewed and was given a job as an RA in Shull Hall for the next school year. This was one of my favorite jobs, but also one of the hardest. It required so much time and energy. I learned so much from this experience and made some great friends.
- MK moved to Cedar Falls to be with me...such a sweet guy. He persevered even when they showed the Iowa game rather than the Michigan game on TV. :)
- MK and I got hitched!!!!!!!! Our wedding was so much fun. We loved having everyone that we love all together to celebrate and enjoy the day with!
- We took an amazing honeymoon to Cancun and enjoyed the sun, water, rest and relaxation together as Mr. and Mrs. Kleppe!!
- My sister and her husband had a baby boy, Cole, making us an aunt and uncle for the first time ever!!!!! It's so fun to be an aunt!!
- MK and I decided to move to Northwest Arkansas. He moved down to begin working; I finished the Spring Semester and then joined him after I "graduated."
- We joined an amazing community group and have made some of our best friends there!!!!!
- I say "graduated" because that Fall semester, I still had to student teach, which I did in 4th grade and 8th grade Math.
- MK got a job working for Arvest, and has been there ever since.
- I did a long-term subbing position during the Spring semester.
- We enjoyed a long summer vacation in Wisconsin and Okoboji with our families. So fun!
- I accepted a 7th grade Math teaching position and started in August. I love love love my job.
- My parents moved to NW Arkansas this summer (after my dad retired from 40 years of education), making this the first time that my parents, sister and her family, and Matt and I have lived in the same state in 8 years!!! It's so fun.
- We bought our first home in November! We have loved making it "our home." It was so fun to be able to have the Kleppes come and stay with us over the holidays and have the room to comfortably host!!!! :)
1 comment:
It was so fun to reminisce with you over your past decade!! Talk about a LOT of change!! Kudos to you and Matt for going through some tough times in your first few years of marriage and growing strong together through them!! Love you both!
Post a Comment