Most people know that I'm not a morning person. I even tried to go to bed early last night anticipating that the re-entry process into school and real life would take more energy than my typical lazy days of Christmas break.
When I went to bed last night there was a meager dusting of sleet and what Iowans would just probably call precipitation--nothing to be worried about, so I fully expected to wake up and seize the day.
At 5:45 this morning I got my first-ever morning "call." You know what I'm talking about: "This is the _______ school district calling to let you know that all schools will be closed on January 7th, 2010 due to inclement weather. Please check the district website for any further updates. Thank you."
After receiving this phone call every single day this week, I have become accustomed to it by now, but I had yet to receive the early morning phone call. And you know what? It was bittersweet. I had actually been ready to go back to school today. And yes, I did have that childlike hope that we wold indeed have another snow day. I know, call me crazy, but snow days are fun no matter what age you are. (On the other hand, they are getting a tad old, but I'll take them any time I can get them I suppose).
PS--they already called school off for tomorrow. Now I don't have to worry about that early morning call. YAY!
PPS--I guess re-entry will take place next week...I'll take it.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment