Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life these days....

Sorry for the lack of posting.  There is a lot going on, but none of it has felt super exciting or "blog worthy" these days, but perhaps a general update might be just as nice:

  • Our current favorite game is Aggravation.  We have another couple that we play with (girls against guys) and the girls have dominated over the last few weeks.  The name says it all...it is the most aggravating game I've ever played, but we've gotten some good laughs and some fun times in while playing it.  Check i out sometime!
  • MK has started at a new branch that is closer to our house and that is just an all-around better fit for him.  The branch he was at previously had a very large Hispanic customer population, which was great, but not knowing the language really puts a damper on what you can do to help them.  So, he's moved to a different branch and so far, I have heard no complaints!  The manager of his branch actually transferred to his new branch so that was an enticing reason to move over as well...   :)  Just to brag on MK a little bit...he had to interview for the position, and when he walked in, his manager had him sit down and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Well, you know you already have the job, right?  This was just a formality."  They talked for about 10 minutes, and he was hired!  He's just THAT good.  No interview necessary.  I'm proud of you, babe!
  • Oh yes!  I almost forgot...my parents took MK and I to see the Little House on the Prairie: the Musical a couple of weeks ago!  It was a really really great show!  Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura on the show, played Ma in the musical.  We were amazed at the talent of all the kiddos in the show since it was predominately children in the cast.  If it comes to your area, check it out!  It was definitely worth seeing!  Thanks Mom and Dad!
  • After an extra week off at the end of Christmas break due to snow and ice, I went back to find my 7th graders just as they were before break--goofy, disorganized, tired all the time, spunky, hormonal, and an overall good time with new surprises each day!  They really are good kids, and I'm fortunate that they make me laugh each day.  It does feel like we're in that "grind" part of the year where there really isn't a break in sight until Spring Break in March.  Good thing I like my job (but I sure do like the breaks too)!!!!  
  • Our nephew Cole is so much fun these days.  He is just such a happy little guy, and we love to get to play with him (and hang out with his mommy and daddy too of course)!  He has a contagious giggle, the sweetest smile, and enough energy to play "get you" for hours.  Being an aunt is one of the coolest things ever.

Watching the "train movie" (AKA Polar Express) together. 
He loves all things transportation--trains, cars, trucks, you name it! 


 Taking a break from playing cars to watch some more of the "train movie"

Happy Saturday!  I'm off to ladies night with the teachers on my team.  Dinner and a movie!  Woo hoo!

No comments: