Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not quite what I had in mind

 Today at school I had my worst day yet.  I knew it was coming, and I knew it was a matter of time where I would feel overwhelmed, frustrated, or just behind...up until this point, I really had only felt each of those in  small bouts, but today they all hit at once!  The kids acted up, grades are due Friday=stress, nearly 1/3 of my students didn't have their homework, I had to write a kid up which meant a call home to a parent, and on top of it all, the end of the quarter is Friday, so there just seems like there are a million things to get done by then! AH! 

Anyhow, it was the first day where I actually cried--not in front of the students, just for a minute at the beginning of lunch. It's my outlet, and after that I felt a little better!  Teaching can just be so overwhelming.  It was definitely a milestone day today, but not exactly what I had in mind for today.  It was a dose of reality.  The kids are in full swing (as their true selves) and I am in routine/groove, so I guess I need to get used to this as more typical than the "honeymoon phase" that is pretty much August until the beginning of October.  Well, let's just say today confirmed that.  THE HONEYMOON IS DEFINITELY OVER, FOLKS!  Ha!

The great thing is that I get to do it all again tomorrow, and I can choose to have a good day (that was for you, dad!)...and I will do just that!!!  And if THAT doesn't work, the next day is Friday! Woohoo!

No comments: