We know the old saying, and for the most part, I think it is true for me. Matt is sure getting a taste of it as we are in the process of moving. You might think a move across town could be just a one-day-throw-it-in-a-box-and-go kind of deal, but nope. That's not how I roll, folks. Not too strange if you know who my parents are. By the way, Matt and I and some of our friends helped my parents move their stuff into their storage facility until they move into their new house. As we were unloading the truck, my friend Katie happened to notice how each of the boxes were all the same size and methodically arranged and numbered. I had to explain to her that my mom tries to number every box and then keep a notebook with each box number and its contents. It can make unloading very very easy. You just check the notepad, see what's in the box, and instantly you know whether or not it's an unpacker or a leave-it-in-storage box and which room/closet to take it to. Anyhow....sorry--I digress...
I am learning that I too have the tendency to be so methodical (and just plain picky MK might say) about moving. I like being organized. I like the thought of not being stressed the day that we move. I like going through stuff and purging so that when we unpack, we have less junk and just the stuff we truly need.
I'm also learning how much I appreciate all my mom's efforts at keeping us organized throughout our bazillion moves. Folks, it is not easy to stay so organized. Not that we really need to--after all, it's only across town, but still, I am finding myself enjoying the purging and the organizing that this move has caused me to do. I welcome it. My husband doesn't mind. Then he doesn't have to do it. We both win.
And I welcome the new plastic tubs that I am packing stuff in. I know I could spend days drooling in the container store....a girl can dream. I bet my mom would even beg to go with me. After all, the apple does not fall far from the tree.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it! Love it! Love it! You go girl! By the way, can I go with you to the container store? :)
A woman after my own heart .... organization is the key to a happy life :)
Post a Comment