Every year I am shocked at how early people begin celebrating Christmas. My goodness!! I was in Kohl's the other day, and they already have their entire Christmas section stocked, as well as Christmas music blaring! Back up the train! We haven't even celebrated Halloween yet (which by the way, I don't even really get into, but that's not the point). The point is that we are in such a beautiful season right now--fall! God's creation is all around us, and it's beautiful. I just love seeing all the trees changing colors, and I love this hoodie and jeans weather. It's amazing. Not even to mention, Thanksgiving....a very worthy holiday that often gets overlooked because of the anticipation of Christmas.
Now, I love Christmas as much as the next guy. I love what the meaning of Christmas is, the family that Christmas involves, the music, shopping for presents, the snow, the time off, the food, the hustle and bustle, etc. All of it! I just think we need to wait just a little bit. Let's enjoy what we have going on right now. Let's not get so far ahead of ourselves. I just have to laugh when I see countdowns on people's facebook pages, updates about people listening to Christmas music, Christmas stuff in stores, etc. It's October 13th, people.
Come on now!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I TOTALLY agree!!
Amen to that!! I was on Kohls 2 weeks ago and they had their Christmas stuff up.
Post a Comment