Thursday, April 29, 2010

If you work in the business world, just don't read this post...

27. A composite number, divisible by 9, 3, and 1.  Not a very interesting number....however...

27 = the number of school days left this year.

Those are just the days that kiddos are there...then I have more at the end of the year when it's just the staff.  I'm not going to include those on my countdown.  They don't count!

I have really been trying hard not to give in to the urge to start a countdown at school.  We all had them growing up--the long paper chain counting down to Christmas break and then the lazy, unimpressive countdown on the chalkboard until the end of the year.  We all know that once you start the official countdown, the days just seem to drag on and on and on and on and on.  You get it. 

It's not even that I don't enjoy school.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job, people.  But there is something about the end of the year--it's beautiful outside, we're stuck inside, we're finishing up units, and just preparing for that darn final exam at the end of the year when we all just want to be playing outside.  It all screams SUMMER IS NEAR!!  Flip flops, tans, shorts, sleeping in, staying up late, the pool, ice cream.  Man, I love summer. 

I, for one, can't wait. 

Just 27 days. 
I can make it.
I hope.  :)

Business world people, I warned you.  Sorry.  Please still be my friend.

2 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

26 days for us! Hang in there! And there is nothing wrong with a countdown :)

Mom said...

Only 23 days left after today!! That doesn't sound like many!! Can you believe it? You'll have your first year of teaching behind you! YEA!!! What a great job you've done! Love you!