Saturday, April 17, 2010

I don't get it

OK, so TOMS are everywhere...especially at my school.  They have hit my 7th graders full force.  As always, I was skeptical about them at first.  I rarely buy shoes anymore that I can't wear to school (so I am constantly having to think about professionalism as well as serious comfort for long days on my feet), but I guess I could make them work...I just don't know if I want to.

Now, hold up before you get all mad at me if you are a fanatic TOMS lover.  I understand that it's a great cause...they give away a pair for every pair that you buy.  That's awesome.  Seriously, I love that!  Woo hoo!

But here's what I don't get:  why are they so expensive?  I'm a math teacher, so I figure you're really buying 2 pairs of shoes when you purchase a pair (one for you and one for someone else to give away) but seriously.....for what you get, I think the price is kinda steep.  Don't hate me--I'm just thinking out loud.

What do YOU think?

1 comment:

Katie and Bret said...

I am with you on this one, I cannot stand them!!!!