Monday, March 11, 2013

By now...

Everyone has a dream for how they thought/wanted their life to turn out. That sounds strange. Mine is not over. That's not what I meant. I meant that everyone looks ahead, dreams ahead, schemes about what their life will look life in the next 1, 5, 10, 20 years.

5 years ago when I was looking ahead to 2013, here's what I thought my life might look like:

1. Teaching 7th grade Math....my dream job!!

2. Perhaps a baby?!?!

3. Most of our student loans paid off--if not completely.

4. Matt would be working somewhere where they love and appreciate him.

So let's fast forward:

1. Not teaching 7th grade Math--I'm a receptionist now?!?

2. No baby. Do 2 dogs count?

3. Still working to pay off our student loans, but definitely not as fast as I would like.

4. Yay Matt!! He's in a job where they love him, and he's exceeding everyone's expectations!!!!!!!!! So proud of him!!!


WHAT DO I LEARN FROM THIS:
-tomorrow is not guaranteed.
-I am not in control.
-the Lord is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He's got this.
-my job is to trust and obey.

Here we go....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: