Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another infusion!

Today I had my 7th infusion!!!! They doubled my dosage so we're praying that will keep my ulcerative colitis in remission...for a while. No flares=no steroids!!! Yay!!!



Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I have an appt to see a GI doctor at Mayo at the end of April. I know most people fear the doctor (and if I'm honest sometimes I do too), but I'm really looking forward to this appt!!!
I'm not sure what they'll say. I'm not sure if they will keep me on Remicade, try me on something else, run more tests?!? I just don't know.
Here's how you can join me in prayer:
1. For clarity for my parents and i when we talk with the doctor(s) there (I don't think Matt will be able to take time off-besides I'd rather him save his time off for a "fun trip"--aka: not Mayo clinic)
2. For wisdom for my new doctor
3. For answers to our questions about my liver condition (primary sclerosing cholangitis--if you know someone that has it, let me know...I'd love to talk with them!!!)
4. More answers: How can we have a baby when I'm on all these meds?
5. And probably the biggest thing I would like to know is what to expect in the future? Where am I on the severity scale? (Because let me tell ya, this pattern of flare and hop on prednisone is getting reeeeeeal old real fast!!!)
Thanks everyone!!! How can I pray for you???
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Mark Sorensen said...

Our family has had wonderful care at Mayo. Now in Rochester and Phoenix.

Mark Sorensen said...

Our family has had wonderful care at Mayo. Now in Rochester and Phoenix.