The first week of school is done! Whew! It was a whirlwind, but a good one at that. I think I'm going to have a GREAT group of students this year, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them and the new material that I'll be teaching this year.
I love a Saturday that is a healthy mix of productivity, relaxation, and fun. Today is shaping up to be just one of those!
I finally talked Matt into running with me. We tried out a new trail that is really close to our house...I loved it! I logged about 4.5 miles, which is the furthest I've run in a while!
Then I did bagels with my parents this morning while the hubby played golf with a friend from work. Then, I did a little damage at Staples. Confession: I'm getting old. Here's the evidence:
I bought a crate on wheels this morning at Staples. Between my school bags, my lunch, coffee cup, purse, and other necessary belongings, I just couldn't handle it anymore:
This is just out of control, correct? So, I picked up a crate, and I have pride issues because I just don't feel old enough to have one of those, but I don't care. I'm bringing it to school. :-)
I ran some errands this morning--bank, groceries, picked up a cover for my laptop so it can be transported safely in aforementioned crate, etc.
I'm working on some lesson plans and other "school stuff" while the hubby is doing laundry. I'm excited for a Red Box movie night with him and some pizza dip for dinner! Woohoo!
A full week of school the first week is just killer, so I'm thankful for the weekend to recooperate. Then it's back to school for a week, and then Labor Day weekend--we're meeting up with the Kleppes in Kansas City, so there is lots to look forward to.
Until next time, everyone, be blessed! Happy Saturday!
PS-I had infusion #2 on Tuesday....thanks to so many generous people, we were able to pay cash for it! What an amazing feeling that was! :-) Thank you, Lord, for your provision!
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment