Saturday, August 18, 2012

Marathon Saturday!

5:30-wake up (sweet...thanks a lot, Prednisone!)
6:00-get up
6:30-take Bailey for a walk
8:00-Breakfast at Einstein bagel with MK and my parents
9:30-Stop at the high school to pick up my Syllabus from the print center (that was supposed to come on Friday but did not)
9:45-Sweatshop in Room 255!!
My parents, MK, and I worked like dogs to get all those last-minute things done in my classroom.
I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THEM!!!!!!
Thank you so much, to my little worker bees!!!!
You can't find better help than this!!!

Mom rocked the hot glue gun.
MK and my dad are now master laminators.
I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off....classic Prednisone.


The end products:











12:00-Lunch!!!! We're starving!
1:30-Begin marathon cooking project with my mom!!!   
Dice up peppers, onions, and carrots:




Throw them in a pot with some ground beef, which will be the base for: spaghetti, sloppy joes, or nachos.  We also made up vegetable beef soup--one of my favorites!!

Then we worked on chicken noodle soup.  My mom's homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is the only thing I will eat.  Nothing else even comes close!!!

Such a HUGE help!!!  Thanks Mom!!!
We also made up some meat for tacos/nachos. 
We also marinated chicken and steak for grilling and made up some cheesy potatoes to go with those meals....
We put it in freezer baggies/containers to cool off and threw it in the cooler to take it back to our house:
  

Can I just say: my mom is SUCH A TROOPER!!??!!

4:30-Finish marathon cooking event! Uff da!
Altogether, we froze about 30 meals for when I WON'T want to cook (which is pretty much all the time).

I found the inspiration from Pinterest, and I'm so proud that we followed through on it before the school year started!!!  4 hours of cooking is worth it to not have to for a while, I hope!!!

I am beat!!!  I'm sure my family is wiped too...
now off to relax before next week begins and the kiddos show up!!!  
AHHHHHH!!!! 
Thank you guys for all your help today!!!  
4 hours later...still smiling, but exhausted! Haha!!

No comments: