Sunday, August 16, 2009

Poll...I need your help

I need your help!

As I begin my year with my 7th graders on Wednesday, I am wanting to share memories that people have had of 7th grade.

That's where you come in:

1) What was your favorite thing about 7th grade?
2) What was your least favorite thing about 7th grade?
3) What funny memories do you have from 7th grade?
4) Did you have an embarrassing moment in 7th grade?
5) Who was your favorite 7th grade teacher...and why?
6) What advice do you have for a 7th grader?

PLEASE LEAVE ME SOME COMMENTS.
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.
THANKS :)

3 comments:

Wendi Cupp said...

Hey! Here are some memories...I thought they might be a little better tucked away in a comment here than on your wall for all to see...

1) I threw up (A LOT) in front of all my friends. Still getting over that one..haha! :)
2) Doing a scale drawing of our house for 7th grade Accel. math---STILL getting over that one too.
3)I got to share about our Mission trip to Russia with ALL of our 7th grade class.
4) I remember reading "A Christmas Carol" by Dickens in 7th grade for the first time and absolutely loving it.
5) I remember HATING this orienteering day we had (using compasses and maps).
6) We built rockets in 7th grade math class, which was fun. It rained the day we were supposed to launch them so we never did.

Hope this helps...have fun!

Wendi Cupp said...

Ok, so maybe I should do a little clarifying with #1 of my comment above...I did not throw up many times over the course of the year...I threw up ONE day and it was A LOT!? Does that make sense? Haha!!

Matt and Christie said...

Kristin,
How fun. Here are a few of my memories:) Christie

1) What was your favorite thing about 7th grade?
A- first school dance, band practice and football games
2) What was your least favorite thing about 7th grade?
A- figuring out that you were more and more on your own- less rules also meant less people guiding you around and making decisions for you. I didn't realize how sheltered I was in Elementary
3) What funny memories do you have from 7th grade?
A- i can't think of any good answers here- this means I was pretty boring
4) Did you have an embarrassing moment in 7th grade?
A- I still had mega permed bangs in 7th grade- wasn't smart enough to get rid of those until HIgh school
5) Who was your favorite 7th grade teacher...and why?
A- not necessary my favorite but my most memorable was my pre-algebra teacher that everyone hated. I was so scared of her yet she turned out to be a great teacher that I got along with really well. Lesson is don't judge teachers by what everyone else says. From then on I didn't put much weight into the hype teachers received until I found out for myself.
6) What advice do you have for a 7th grader?
A- It feels like you are "all that" right now- save some for High school and college; don't get ahead of yourself.