Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh 7th Grade.....and pictures

Thank you to the 2 of you that left me with your favorite seventh grade memories. I also had many of you that left comments on my wall on facebook, so I appreciate that as well!! :) I may have to start having prizes to get you people to leave comments.......just kidding. Only a little though.

Since I made everyone else share, I thought I better list MY favorite 7th grade memories:

  • Changing classes for the first time
  • Choosing to sit outside or inside for lunch and talking with my friends as much as I wanted to.
  • Taking Spanish for the first time. We made up some CRRRRRRRAZY skits. I wish we had videotaped those for sure.
  • Meeting 7th graders from other elementary schools; it was a big mixing pot, and it was great.
  • Dance team. Yep, the cyber world now knows that I was a dancer. I can't hardly believe it, and some of you will probably not ever let me forget it now that you know. Uff da. What were my parents thinking letting me try out? (Time out: It was really fun. I enjoyed it a lot! I still remember some of the dances even though I don't think I was that good...and those we DO have on video tapes somewhere. Have mercy! Time in.) Did you hear something?
  • Going to junior high football games, and "hanging out" with my friends in the bleachers.
  • Playing on the volleyball team. We thought it was great when we got 3 hits on the ball. We came a loooong way...Poor Coach Glover.
  • Going to my first school dance. I think my parents were really nervous to send me. I think I was more nervous to actually have to dance with a boy. It was so scary!

Anyhow, I hope my seventh graders come out of the year with as many great memories as I have.

People have asked for pictures, so here is my classroom as of now...it's a work in progress!!


My desk!
When you walk in the door, this is what you see!

Just to the right when you walk in the door...

"Reading corner"
I use quotes because as you can see,
I don't have many books....yet. I'm working on it.



I should have also taken a picture of the awesome Interwrite board that I am fortunate enough to have. I have to learn all of its bells and whistles, but when I do, I will be so stoked to use it. It's awesome!!!! So much more interactive and engaging than a regular ol chalkboard.

I'm a lucky gal. I work with awesome people, who have all been super helpful, so that's a blessing. OK, gotta go to bed. The kids come tomorrow! Woo hoo! :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Love your room! It looks so warm and inviting! I like your reading corner (the pockets for your calculators and the long poster that you were waiting to get)! Your desk area looks great too--love the lamps!

Have a great day, tomorrow! Love you and am so proud of you!!

Kelly Alberts said...

your room looks great! i'm excited for your first full time teaching job-- you'll be great.

1 idea for that reading corner: post on craigslist that you're interested in used kids' books. i bet ppl will be glad to get rid of them~

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Awesome idea about the kids' books, Kelly. I will have to look into that...my corner is oh so bleak. :)