Today was my first day of new teacher orientation. Oh by the way, if you didn't know already.....I will be teaching 7th grade Math next year! Woo hoo!
I am so thankful that I am in a district that takes the time to train you, answer your questions, and sets you up for success. Plus, the little nerd in me secretly likes taking notes. I enjoyed that too. :)
When I did my long-term subbing position, the nature of the job was just to throw you in because it was in the middle of the year and it was just simply sink or swim.
This time around, it is nice to get information, ask questions, and be trained. I have new teacher training (which is district-wide) the rest of this week, and then next week ALL teachers report for professional development before the school year begins. I am really excited to meet the rest of the staff and jump right in.......
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment