.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I do NOT have any antibodies!!! However, my nurse said that my dosage was "sub therapeutic," meaning they were not giving me enough each time. Crazy! The process already takes 3 hours to drip into me because they can only administer it so fast for safety reasons, so I can only imagine how long it will take now?!? That really doesn't matter....what really matters is that we have a plan of action so another "unknown" can be checked off!! Yay God for giving me definitive results!! I go in for my next infusion on March 7th!! We will continue with Remicade unless The Lord makes it abundantly clear to go a different direction!!
2) Due to my most recent flare, you all know that I had to go back on Prednisone, but thankfully I will be weaned off by TOMORROW!!!! Woohoo!! I'm praying I don't have to be put back on steroids for a looooooooooooooooooong time!!! Here's to no flares in 2013!!! Can I get an "amen"???
3) Because I've been on prednisone, of course my energy levels have been higher, so that coupled with the fact that MK and I had gotten pretty sedentary again, caused us to start running.... again. Sooner or later we'll figure out how to maintain our lifestyle change!! :)
We are running a Valentines Day 8K this weekend and a half marathon in April. Our community does a phenomenal job of promoting and encouraging physical fitness, especially races! Race day in Bentonville is seriously so fun, so we're really looking forward to running these races. We've done two different 8-mile runs so far which is by far the furthest I've EVER run. (My friends from high school that are reading this: are you shocked? I am!!!!) I used to hate it, but now love it!!
4) Max is melting our hearts and assimilating so effortlessly into our little family. He is seriously so easy...he has slept in his kennel since day 1, has not had a single accident in the house, and he and Bailey play so well together!! (I will admit that when they were rough and gruff with each other when they played at first, it freaked me out, and I constantly wanted to protect Max because he's smaller. Turns out he's the instigator!!!! Haha! He's on his own). They sleep so well at night. They are worn out, so I know we made the right decision!!! We are all happy campers!!!!
BFF's:

Thank you to everyone that has been praying me through this process!! I so appreciate your love and support!!!!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
1 comment:
Amen! I'm so glad that you are able to rule out some things and get closer to pinpointing what's happening. I know that feeling, and it's wonderful! And now for a weird question: have you thought about getting a port, or do you have one already? Right after my 4th surgery the nurses and doctors I saw in the ER every month weren't able to find a vein to use for IVs, and it was getting more difficult each time. My veins had been blown and thinned and were in horrible shape. I had a really terrible bout of some kind of sudden stomach flu and paramedics nor the Georgetown ER could get an IV in and the doctor said (after they used an ultrasound machine to go into a deep vein) that I was so dehydrated and had such low blood pressure that they were "critically" worried...so they suggested implanting a port for easy access. Depending on the placement, the drip can go quicker (mine is in my chest, so some medications have to go slower) and if they have an oncology nurse there it's an easy stick that's always in the same place. I was really nervous about it at first, but it has been a real blessing for infusions and emergencies. If you get infusions on a regular basis, you might want to ask about it in order to save time and your poor veins. When I see you I can show you, and you can ask me any questions about it. Anyway, just throwing it out there as something to think about. I'm so glad everything seems to be going well and that you'll be off the prednisone (I HATE withdrawal from that stuff, so I'm happy that you're weaning off of it very slowly)! 2013 will be the year of no flare-ups! We'll have to make a pact! :)
Post a Comment