Bailey threw up 3 times this morning. Before I had even eaten breakfast. To say that it spoiled my appetite would be a huge understatement.
As Matt and Ryan were leaving to go run some errands, I was playing with Bailey in the backyard. I thought nothing of it, said goodbye to the boys, and went on playing fetch. It was a blistering 90+ degrees, so I decide to take Bailey in for a drink of water...LOCKED. We are locked out, and the boys are gone. Running errands. All over town. Stopping at Good Will. Let me tell you about these trips to Good Will...they are the opposite of quick. To say I was frustrated would also be a huge understatement. Luckily our sweet neighbor lady was out on her back porch, so I borrowed her phone to call the boys (and yes, I tried the front door and all the windows first just to make sure but to no avail). 15 minutes later, I am back in the house. Sweaty and thirsty and very thankful for air conditioning! (And in Matt's defense, we are all in the habit of locking the back door on our way back in, so it would be very easy to do. Just bad timing, that's all).
My morning did not go as planned, but oh well. Right now Bailey is asleep on the couch. I now understand why my mom always wrote in her journal about the great naps I took when I was a little one. Nap time is awesome! I love our puppy, but I REALLY love her when she's sleeping :)
PS-Anyone out there have a Lab with a REALLY sensitive stomach? I've had about enough of this puke business....thanks for your help!!!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sorry you had such a rough morning! Sounds like she may need the vet's dog food. If you call them, I suppose that's what they'd recommend. What did Chris and Wendi feed Sadie? She had a sensitive stomach too!
We had some throwing up issues last year with our Golden Retriever (Mercedes), and found that Nutro brand Sensitive Stomach dog food doesn't make her stomach upset like other dog foods. It comes in a light purple striped bag and you can usually find it at Petco or Petsmart. Hope that helps!
Kelli, that is GREAT to hear!!!! Thank you for the info...we will probably try that! I can handle the nipping and barking, but throw up is where I draw the line :) haha!
No problem...hope it works for her!
Post a Comment