had me a blast!!!! OK, so it's not over, so maybe it should be present tense: "Summer lovin....havin' me a blast." You get the idea. Here's what's been going on around here recently:
Yard projects:
We've been doing some small projects in the backyard--cutting back trees, tackling weeds, and the biggest project to date--filling in concrete around our back patio and air conditioner where the water has eroded it away. Thanks to my parents for all their help--providing manpower and the necessary tools that we didn't have. Of course we picked the HOTTEST day to tackle this project, but we all agree it feels good to have it done...fewer spots for snakes to hide is a good thing in my book. Ugh!
The cement mixer
Building a retaining wall with bricks--good idea, boys!
Thanks for your help, dad!!! We really appreciate it!
Before and after pics would have been an awesome idea. Did I take any? Nope. Not even a picture of the finished product--what was I thinking? Oh yeah, I was playing with the puppy...
Speaking of puppy...
Bailey is doing well:
I have kind of developed a schedule with her. It goes something like this: eat, play hard, sleep hard, play hard, sleep hard, eat, play hard, sleep. You get the idea. We've even taken her on 2 of our runs....2.5 miles and 3.1 miles. She kind of amazes us. I mean, we've been training for a couple months and she just gets after it. The advantage to having 4 legs I suppose? Anyhow, what you really want are pictures, I'm sure.
1) Eat
2) Play hard
3) Sleep hard
and yes, she really is sleeping like this...haha!!!
I guess I really wore her out today!
4) Repeat!!!!!
Getting in shape:
MK and I are still training for our first 5K. We are doing well and looking forward to it! Here is a picture of my studly husband...he has lost so much weight, and I am so proud of him for working so hard!!! He pushes me too, which is what I love (and need)!!!
Lookin' good, babe!
That's about it for now. We've been hitting up the pool and golf course a lot lately. It's so nice to get outside and be active. We are looooooooooving our summer, and we're so excited that Ryan will be here today--should be even MORE fun. Life is good!










2 comments:
I have some pictures on my camera of the finished cement job! Sorry that I haven't gotten them to you! I'll download them soon!! Great blogs!!
Haha! No problem mom! You were the smart one that took the photos...without you, I wouldn't have had any of those pictures! So thanks for being our photographer! :)
Post a Comment