Sunday, February 14, 2010

I love you, MK!

MK,

I just wanted to tell you that you're the best Valentine I have ever received. In fact, you're the best gift I've ever received. The Lord knew what He was doing when he put us together because (as so many people have told us) we sure do complement one another well.  I used to take that to mean, "ya'll are so different.  Good luck figuring it out."  But I have come to learn that we both bring very different qualities to this marriage, but it's amazing to watch the Lord use them to make the other spouse better--more like Christ himself.  It's been a long and fun process figuring out just what it means to be your help-mate in life.  Obviously I don't have it all figured out, but I'm working on it each day.  Thank you for your unconditional patience as I learn more and more about how to be the best wife for you.

You make life so interesting, MK!!!  You have a way of making the mundane, fun and interesting.  You see life through such positive eyes with such an amazing perspective that I just never had until I met you.  Thank you for making each day that we're together so special. 

I love that I get to do life with you and experience all of our adventures together.  We've already accomplished together if you think about it:  you graduated, moved to Iowa, I graduated, we moved to Arkansas, new job for you, student teaching for me, apartment #1 in AR, new job for you, new job for me, bought our first car, first job for me, bought and moved into our new house....... WOW!!!

I cannot believe that we have been together for almost 5 years.  Honestly, sometimes it feels like I just met you yesterday at camp, that just weeks ago we were still doing the long-distance dating thing.  But then, other times, it does feel like we've been together for 5 years...I can look at you and (ALMOST always) guess what you're thinking...I can tell when you've called me at the end of the day whether you had a good or bad day just by the way you say "hello" on the phone, and we can just be together without having to say or do anything.  We're just together, and it's right.  That's what I love about being with you.

You're the best, MK.  5 years is just a drop in the bucket.  We have MANY more to come.  And that's what I'm most looking forward to.  I love you.

-K

1 comment:

Mom said...

So sweet!! Love you both!