Thursday, February 4, 2010

Catch up and Mustard?

Not too many blog-worthy moments, but I do have some thoughts to share today.  It is MY blog, so I guess it's ok to ramble every now and then, right?

1.  Life at school these days seem to be lots of playing catch up due to all these snow days!  Now I can't complain because I do enjoy a good snow day with the best of them, but it leaves you with this feeling of urgency when you get back to school.  Like, "how can I pack 2 snow days into my bell ringer this morning, plus do today's lesson, plus go over their tests from last week, plus get all my kiddos caught up that need to take tests?"   NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY, FOLKS!  I have decided that for all my kids to be caught up and have all homework and tests taken it would require those [certain] kids to sleep at school for about 3 days to just be close to being caught up....I'm still not sure those extra hours would do it.  Uff da! 

2.  This is a short week.  Not only did we have a snow day Monday, but we had a snow day on Friday, so this is a four-day week coming off of a four-day weekend.  And this week still seems longer and  harder--how is that even possible?  haha.  If you can explain it, I'd love to hear it!

3.  And finally...silly story of the day.  You might not find it quite as funny, but after a busy day, during my last class just about anything starts to sound funny to me.  Anyhow, we are taking notes and literally flying through the lesson--learning how to find the area of triangles and trapezoids left and right--because we were running out of time.  I look over at a kid that I had already warned to "keep up" (and I even talked to him out in the hall earlier in the class period--urgh!) so this time I changed my command to "CATCH UP!"   The next thing I know, I hear a couple of other kids saying, " and mustard??" and then giggling.  Oh 7th grade humor.  Even I laughed for a few seconds.  But alas, it was on with the lesson today!

2 comments:

Mom said...

They must wear on you at times, but I'm so glad you understand their humor and can even chuckle with them occasionally!! So glad you're their teacher and not me!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your story...it's so 7th grade :)! Praying that you're going to be able to balance the pressure of helping the kids catch up and the realities of so many SNOW DAYS!
Praying for you...I can't wait to give you a BIG HUG..LOVE YOU SO!