OK, so I've been doing a terrible job of posting lately because there has just been so much going on! With moving, conferences, unpacking, grading tests upon tests, working with kids before and after school, spending time with family, friends, and MK....I've been one busy lady. It's nice to just sit and breathe right now. Oh, how I love Fridays.
How much more will I love next Friday????? Oh my goodness. I don't think I was ever this excited for breaks as a kid when I was in school. But let me tell you, I cannot wait to get away from life and school. MK and I haven't taken a vacation (not even a weekend away) since our vacation this summer in July. And did I tell you....I get the entire week of Thanksgiving off? I love my school district. :) Plus, MK requested the whole week off away from the bank. Sweet action right there, folks.
We are so looking forward to our time with the Kleppes over Thanksgiving. See, next Friday we will technically be LEAVING for Wisconsin. You're probably asking yourself, "are you leaving right after school and then driving 10 hours to Wisconsin?" That would seem somewhat normal, but that's not the way we roll. We will go to bed Friday night, get at least a few hours of sleep, and then get up around midnight to leave....not because we are sooo thrilled to get back (OK, we totally really are but that's not the reason!!!!), not because we love driving at night (who does?!? ick!), not because we have a pressing engagement to get back for....
Nope, we have to get to Wisconsin in time for MK to watch his Wolverines. Ha! The things I do for my wonderful husband....
PS-I actually really enjoy the excitement of leaving in the middle of the night. Plus, it's so much better to drive INTO day light, as opposed to driving OUT of it and into the night. So I'm secretly excited. The countdown is on....7 days and counting! Wooo hooo!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excited for you guys! I know you'll have a great time with the Kleppes!
Post a Comment