Friday, February 6, 2009

Long-term Sub!

Well, for those of you that don't know, this past week was an experimental week. Two weeks ago I interviewed at an elementary school for a long-term subbing position. That same day, I was offered the position with the understanding that I'd try it for a week and then let them know what I thought--whether I wanted to continue or not.

Well, the first week was super easy! We got out early and then had 4--that's right--4 snow/ice days! I was thinking everything was pretty easy that week. So I worked this week, prayed about it, sought much wise counsel, and I decided to take on the job!

The circumstances are tough--coming into the middle of the school year, working with kids that have not had a lot of structure for a while, etc etc etc. It is hard, uphill work--that is for sure. It
is challenging every day.

So long, "Kristin." Hello "Mrs. Kleppe".....

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm so proud of you, for daring to interview for the long-term sub job, try it, get clarification of the job and then take it! You are one strong, gutsy lady! I'll be praying that you can keep it in perspective and not get overwhelmed! This is another one of God's opportunities for you to TRUST HIM! :)

Love you so much!