Thursday, January 22, 2009

Growing Up, Marriage, and other "Grown Up" Stuff

I think it is funny how our sovereign Lord continues to use experiences to grow us up and mature us in our walk with him. Ever since I came out of the womb, I think He has been trying to teach me to trust in him and abide in Him rather than myself. I have a hard time trusting. I worry a lot. I don't know why. I just do.

I feel like "the real world" or whatever you prefer to call it is where I am FINALLY getting it. My parents did such a great job (I think) in helping me to walk and grow in my faith as well as teaching me about responsibilities...I kept my room pretty clean growing up, fed the dog occasionally, washed and cleaned my car (Wendi, did you ever do that?? wink.wink.just kidding), helped around the house, babysat, etc. Throughout college I did my best in school and worked hard to find jobs that would help pay the bills.

Then comes marriage. I love being married. It is great. It just didn't seem hard at first---haha that's because I was still in school, not worrying about "those loans" which seemed sooo far away, paying bills (which Matt did--thanks babe!), etc.

But now, here I am graduated. Subbing. Getting a paycheck--even if it is pretty small by most standards. Anyhow, I am learning now to finally trust in the Lord--to provide a subbing job for tomorrow, to perhaps provide a long-term subbing job, to provide a full-time job for the fall that I love and that helps pay the bills, to provide a house (someday, not right now), to provide Matt and I with cute Norwegian kiddos, to provide when our "low coolant" light comes on in the car and I don't even have the slightest clue what that means, and ON AND ON...

I'm finally getting it. It's funny how I claimed Proverbs 3:5-6:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."


I am definitely still learning how to do this, but it's exciting to grow. And for me, for whatever reason, it's even more exciting to trust. Each and every day. My trust is in Him.

4 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

Hey Kleppes! We miss you guys and enjoy reading your blog to hear what's going on in Arkansas. Hope all is well and that we can see you soon!

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Aw! We miss you too!! It has been way too long since we've seen ya'll. Thanks for the comment...we're following yours as well, so keep those posts coming! :)

Mom said...

I love your honesty, Kristin! Trusting is a life-long process and we're all on the journey! I love you and am so proud of you!

MOM

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Thanks Mom! It is definitely a day-by-day, lifelong process. I am not there yet, but I'm learning! Thanks for reading! Love you!