Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Dear Will,


You are so much fun right now. Honestly, your first year was great. You were content to eat, play, and sleep. You were super chubby and super smiley. Months 0-12 were just precious. 

Then we hit a year, and you got molars, you developed separation anxiety, were learning to walk, and you transitioned to one nap. It was super....rocky. You weren't very content. It was a tough season. And while I wouldn't trade it for anything, I'm glad we are through that season. 

Thankfully you now have all your teeth (with the exception of one two-year molar but it should be in any day now! Praise The Lord!), you are a pro at walking, you love the church nursery (and you are ok when I leave), and you are consistently taking one nap. Glory. 

Life is so so busy with you now. You love to run from our family room down the hall to your room and back....about a million times a day. You give the best hugs and say "momma" while patting me on the back. You make a crazy good horse and sheep sound. It cracks me up. You are super independent, so letting you down to walk in public can be dangerous because you just take off now. You love love love the park!



You love dumping water out of a cup or bucket. You love the swimming pool and have even started to put your face in the water to blow bubbles like me. You love to pretend to go to sleep and tell us "nigh night" when you lay on a pillow or blanket. You "drive" your cars and tractors around and make great vehicle sounds. You love to look at pictures and find all the people you know. You love Sonic ice just like your daddy and me. 


You constantly ask me "daddy?" throughout the day to which i tell you "he's at work, but he will be back" and then you say "back?" And I say "yes!" This can go on and on. Haha. You love your daddy! You can (when you want to) also follow simple commands like "bring me the book, and we'll read." It. Is. Awesome. 


You try to tell me stuff all day long in your precious gibberish. I wish I had a translator, but I know any day now, you will truly be talking up a storm. I can't wait! 

You're so sweet. You sign "please" and "thank you" whenever we ask you to, but you are starting to sign them without being prompted, and it just melts my heart. Your hugs and kisses are the sweetest, and I love that you lay your head on my shoulder when we sing songs before bed. 


Will, you are the greatest gift. I love you, and I'm so proud of you! 

Love you to the moon and back,
Momma


2 comments:

Kelly Alberts said...

Goodness, this is a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing!

Kristin's Chronicles said...

Thanks dear friend. Motherhood is such a gift. ❤️