There is just something wonderful about the weekends, especially in the fall...hanging out on a Friday night, knowing that the next day you can just relax because you have no where to be. Saturdays are spent watching football with those that you love. Eating cheese dip, drinking Coke, relaxing. Memories are being made in the comfort of your own home in your sweats. What could be better? Sunday rolls around and you get to worship freely (with coffee in hand). I used to love Sundays growing up too, knowing that it would be spent relaxing with family, perhaps eating out at McAlisters after church, and then going home and relaxing more.
The Lord knew what he was doing when he rested on that 7th day. Even though I wasn't there, I'm sure I would have been tired and in need of rest. But He knows us so well and asks us to set aside that day just for Him. Sometimes I'm convicted. Do I really devote it completely to Him? What does that really mean--completely?
Now that I'm student teaching, I am becoming aware that every Sunday you have to gear up for the week ahead...which usually means getting clothes ready for work, doing lesson plans galore, making a lunch for the next day, etc. The business of life really gets in the way some Sundays. Am I really resting in Him?
So that's my hope--that I can enjoy each weekend--the rest, relaxation, and replenishing in a way that honors Him.
I know I'm new at this blogging thing, but I'd love your thoughts...always! Thanks!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you've started a blog too! I love to know what you're thinking and feeling! I look forward to reading more posts!
YAY!! Welcome to the blogging world! I agree...I love reading your thoughts too...you're a good writer! big hugs, sis!
You page is beautiful! I'm glad I found your blog, because I like hearing about your life! Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment